Are you looking for a fun Christmas gift for that hard-to-shop-for person on your list? This snowman shaker box set can be filled with goodies of all sorts AND can can be used as a holiday decoration! Two gifts in one! When I saw a set of round shaker boxes on sale at Michael’s, I quickly scooped them up! By just adding paint and buttons, I made the cutest snowman!
- Set of three paper mache boxes
- Assorted buttons (three red, three black)
- Craft glue/glue gun
- Acrylic Spray Sealer – optional
- Sponge brush
- 1/2″ stencil brush
- C600 Flakeys Face stencil
- A4073 Holly Bunch Stencil
- Craft acrylic paints: white, orange, black, green, dark green, red, pink
- Using the sponge brush, coat the smallest box and lid and medium lid in black. Or spray paint. Allow to dry.
- Apply Holly Bunch to the bottom, front edge of the smallest box. (You will need to base coat with white and allow to dry before applying the dark green paint.)
- Apply Flakeys Face stencil to the medium sized box. Add a touch of pink for the cheeks. Allow to dry
- Spray acrylic sealer over boxes and lids. Allow to dry. (Optional)
- Glue red buttons under the Holly Bunch design and black buttons on the largest box.
I filled my shaker boxes with candy but you can fill them with all kinds of small items like jewelry, small toys, candles, baked goods, socks, perfume, scarves….whatever your hard-to-shop-for person loves.