Searching for a fun craft project to do with children? Â This adorable stenciled ladybug t-shirt project isÂ the perfect project for your little ones. Â I just love to see their faces light up when they know they have created something awesome with their own hands! Take any plain t-shirt, add a stencil and craft paint, and you’ve got a beautiful customÂ t-shirt. Â Stenciling is so simple that a child can do it!!
- A971S Ladybug Dance stencil
- SB11 Grass stencil
- Cardboard (to put inside the t-shirt to prevent bleed through)
- Quilter’s Marking Pen (disappears with 48 hours)
- Fabric paint:Â Green, Red and Black
- stencil brushes
- Prewash and dry the t-shirt. Do not use fabric softener.
- Put cardboard in between the layers of the t-shirt. Apply the SB11 Grass design along the bottom of the t-shirt front. Allow to dry.
- Using the red and black paint, apply the A971S Ladybug Dance stencil design in various desired locations on the t-shirt, allowing ample drying time between overlays.Â Repeat this procedure on the back of the t-shirt.
- TIP: We used a quilter’s marking pen, with disappearing purple ink to mark the stencil registration marks on the shirt. This works great and disappears within 48 hours.
T-shirt projects are great craftÂ ideas forÂ Â VBS (vacation bible school), on rainy days, or times when you just want to create and have fun. Â With stencils you can use the pattern as designed, or you can create your own patterns. Â Stencils are a great way to boost a child’s confidence. Â Quick, beautiful designs in just minutes. Â Have fun with your child!