I have been searching for a pretty welcome sign for my front porch. Â I wanted it to be simple, but feel warm and inviting. Â I found the perfect stencils:Â the Small Egg Basket Winterberry and the WelcomeÂ stencil. Â If you are looking forÂ simple, quick and inexpensive project, read on!
- One – 6″ x 10″ slate or wood signboard
- Small Winterberry BasketÂ DS3479
- Welcome stencil SCL21
- French Vanilla Liquid Acrylic Paint
- Tan Liquid Acrylic Paint
- BrownÂ Liquid Acrylic Paint
- Dark BrownÂ Liquid Acrylic Paint
- BurgundyÂ Liquid Acrylic Paint
- Stencil brushes: 5/16″, 3/8″
- Natural Sea Sponges
- Acrylic Spray Sealer (Satin Finish)
- Remove the cord from the slate and coatÂ the entire slate front with at least 2 coats using the vanilla liquid acrylic paint.Â Allow to completely dry between coats.
- Sponge the edges of the edges of the slate with the brown acrylic paint.
- Using the brown, dark brown and burgundy paints, stencil the Egg Basket Winterberry design on your slate. A pouncing technique works best. Allow to dry.
- Stencil the ‘Welcome’ word using the WelcomeÂ stencil and the burgundy paint in the desired location. Allow to dry.
- Seal with acrylic varnish, available on our website as a liquid. Spray is available in hardware stores. Reinsert the leather cord.Â You are done!
Hang your slate on your front porch or entry way. Â Baskets and berries turned out to beÂ perfect for my sign, but I can also use these stencils for painting a wall border, for my, canvas art, and wedding crafts. Enjoy!