A DIY wedding aisle runner with stencils and decals has never been more simple and affordable! Our stencils and decals come with step by step instructions AND practice stencils/decals.Â You can create yourÂ custom aisle runner in 3 easy steps.
If your aisle runner is made out of a nice fabric like cotton/poly blends, duckcloth, cotton, etc., then our onetime use stencil is perfect. Â It has an adhesive on the back and is perfect for fabric. Â However, if your aisle runner is thin – made out of felt, paper, paper-like material, viscose, etc., then you will require a reusable stencil or a decal. Â We make all options mentioned in this post.
Instructions for Applying StencilÂ to Wedding Aisle Runner
- Place your stencil on your runner and secure in place with blue painter’s tape. If the stencil has an adhesive on the back, you do not need the tape.
- Load your stencil brush with craft acrylic paint of your color choice and offload about 90% of the paint onto a paper towel.
- Apply paint to the openings on the stencil with a stencil brush, using a pouncing (stippling) motion or gentle swirling motion. Remove the stencil immediately. Do not wait for the paint to dry.
Instructions for Applying Decal to Wedding Aisle Runner (for thin runners)
NOTE: The decal has three layers.Â The backing, which has a light gray grid, the vinyl lettering/decal itself, and the top layer called application tape, which looks just like masking tape.Â It helps to work on a hard surface like a table or hard floor.
- Remove the backing of the decal. The backing has a light gray grid.
- Position decal sticky side down onto your aisle runner.
- Remove the top layer of the decal, which looks like masking tape.
To shop for weddingÂ stencils for your aisle runner, see our collection of wedding stencils.Â We also have monogram stencils for those who desire a more bold statement.Â If you would like to customize your wedding aisle runner by creating your own text or phrase, we have a simple pricing page in which you can type your phrase, choose your font and size.
As you can see, youÂ do not have to be an artist to create incredible custom words and designs! Â Stencils do all the work. Â All you need to do is supply the paint. Â Have fun making your day memorable without breaking the bank!
2 thoughts on “DIY Wedding Aisle Runner”
Thank you very much for your comment and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Please let us know if there is a particular design you would like to order for your wedding. We take custom requests and would love the chance to serve you. Blessings!
I really like the aisle runner that you set up. It would be really cool to have a little saying or something like this for the bride to read as she walks down the aisle. I am really glad that you posted this because now we have some idea as to what we want for our aisle runner.